Why multinational companies have headquarters in Mauritius?
Benefits of having your headquarters in Mauritius
Multinational companies holding a Global Headquarters Administration Licence are allowed to establish their headquarters in Mauritius and to provide headquarter services, namely (at least three of the following services to at least three related companies):
- administration and general management;
- business planning;
- development and coordination; and
- economic or investment research and analysis.
In addition, multinational companies establishing their headquarters in Mauritius are eligible for an 8-years tax holiday on corporate income. This combines with the distinctive attributes of Mauritius, which include:
- Extensive bilateral and multilateral agreements with African countries (including in areas of taxation, trade and investment)
- Hybrid legal system (Common Law and French Civil Code)
- First country in Africa for doing business (World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business Index)
- Good corporate governance (1st in Africa on Mo Ibrahim’s Governance Index)
- Reliable banking system
- Qualified and experienced workforce (English and French)
- Stable democracy (1st in Africa)
- No foreign exchange controls, capital gains, nor withholding tax
- Global Business Company in Mauritius
- Setting up a company and doing business in Mauritius
- Relocate to Mauritius: the ideal place to live and do business
We help multinational companies in the setting up and administration of your headquarters in Mauritius
Magnacura Pharma Inc. (part of the African Avacare Group) has recently obtained the Global Headquarters Administration (GHQA) licence with the assistance and guidance of international service provider Sunibel Corporate Services. With our 100% success in applications for the GHQA licence, Magnacura Pharma counts among a handful that have obtained approval to establish their headquarters in Mauritius.
According to Dr. Vikramkumar Naik, the Founder and CEO of Magnacura Pharma: “Obtaining the Global Headquarters Administration licence is an important milestone in our strategy, one which will allow us to expand our reach locally and internationally. The team of Sunibel Corporate Services Ltd provides professional advice and is solutions-oriented as experienced and knowledgeable specialists smoothly accompanying us all the way through. We are proud to say that Sunibel Corporate Services is a trustworthy and reliable service provider for specialised licences in Mauritius”.
Magnacura Pharma establishing its headquarters in Mauritius restate the leading position of Mauritius as a business and financial hub for the African region, an evidence that the island nation is a compliant and transparent International Financal Centre (IFC), and a jurisdiction of repute and substance. Sunibel Corporate Services is proud to contribute to their project of improving the lives of the continent’s population.
The Global Headquarters Administration Licence
With the objective of establishing Mauritius as an IFC for multinational companies doing business in Africa, the government introduced, in 2016, the GHQA licence. Today, the licence has proven to be crucial in enabling several multinational companies to effectively set up their regional administration, procurement and accounting offices in Mauritius.
Further to standard Global Business Company licencing requirements, a multinational company in Mauritius that holds a GHQA Licence also needs to meet the following requirements:
- have a physical office in Mauritius;
- employ a minimum of 10 professionals, with at least two at managerial level; and
- incur annual expenditure of at least MUR 5 million (approx. USD 150,000).
You want to set up your headquarters in Mauritius, contact us via the contact form below.
- Setting up and register a company in Mauritius
- Relocate to Mauritius: the ideal place to do business and live
- Setting up a Trust in Mauritius
Book your meeting
Error: Contact form not found.