Statutory compliance services
We understand the importance of being compliant, and the great risk of being indulgent. Our compliance services are designed to ensure the fund is compliant with local and international rules and regulations. One of the most important actors of compliance are employees, and we put a great emphasis on training and capacity building.
- Provision of a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”), an Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“DMLRO”), and a Compliance officer where required
It is important for the fund to be compliant to the legislations in force. In Mauritius, we provide fund managers with the personnel required for them to be able to focus on their core activities with the peace of mind, especially from AML/CFT and regulatory framework perspective.
- Carrying out regular compliance reviews and producing timely reports
We conduct regular AML status and compliance reviews to assess whether the fund is compliant. We also produce AML risk and compliance reporting for board meetings.
- Ensuring the fund’s compliance with licencing guidelines, constitutive documents and local regulations
We monitor outstanding AML due diligence. To ensure the fund is compliant, we test current records against AML regulations and to internal policies and procedures.
- Ongoing Customer Due Diligence monitoring and risk profiling
The screening of investors is carried out against the World-Check data file. The risk profiling takes into account the screening results, investor type and complexity, and the jurisdiction. According to the results of the risk assessment process, we ensure regular due diligence and risk reviews based on the risk rating assigned to the investor.
- Review and assist with on-boarding and ongoing procedures to ensure compliance with FATCA and CRS
We assist with confirming that your customer on-boarding and on-going procedures are sufficient to ensure compliance with FATCA and CRS. This includes a review of KYC/AML procedures as well as on-boarding forms.
- Advice on AML systems, issues and reporting
We review the effectiveness of AML systems and controls and provide advice for compliance. We help you develop and enhance your AML policies and procedures.
- Ongoing AML/CFT training
We assist by preparing and/or delivering tailored AML/CFT training and capacity building. The aim is to strengthen knowledge and awareness of the relevant obligations, requirements, rules, procedures and the possible consequences for compliance failures; and of the methods useful for identifying and procedures for reporting ML/FT, red flags, suspicious activities and transactions, and other related risks.