We are currently looking for a bright, talented and ambitious candidate to join our growing team as Senior Accountant.
At Sunibel Corporate Services, our clients are our only focus, and our people are our key to being a truly successful organisation. We are committed to providing you with a challenging and rewarding working environment for you to fulfil your career objectives. We will help you unlock your potential through first-hand exposure to our international expertise and Swiss origins.
General description of role
The Accounting Team Leader oversees the accounting department. His also acts as a consultant for managers within the organisation. He provides information on the current budget, working with and advising them to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organisation. This role also implies having good leadership and coaching skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing a portfolio of clients with varying level of complexity
- Reviewing and ensuring financial statements are IFRS compliant
- Working towards prompt finalisation within statutory deadlines and with the support of the manager whenever necessary
- Reviewing and ensuring all tax returns are filed within the prescribed deadlines
- Ensuring clients queries are attended to promptly and efficiently
- Monitoring debtors recovery
- Assisting in the preparation and monitoring of the budget
- Review of funds entities (along with Fund Administration team)
- Managing daily tasks of staff and ensuring work assigned are completed within timeframe
- Providing the relevant coaching and development
- Conducting staff appraisals and recommend career development plans
- Addressing performance issues of employees by providing remedial actions
- Attending in-house and mandatory workshops and relevant trainings
- 24 hours response time where applicable
- Contributing ideas to improve processes to either gain efficiencies or reduce risk
- Updating timesheet on a timely manner
- Any other reasonable duties assigned to you by Management
- Pragmatic, proactive, self-learning and rigorous
- Understanding of complex corporate structures
- Knowledge of financial services, securities and taxation laws in Mauritius
- Excellent technical expertise in Accounting and Tax
- Being able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good team spirit, good communication and interpersonal skills
Qualifications and experience
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in managing a team
- Fully qualified ACCA or ACA
- Other relevant degree would be an advantage
If you meet the requirements and are ready to take up a challenging role, we invite you to submit your motivation letter and your CV by clicking here.
Successful candidates shall benefit from an attractive package based on qualifications and experience.
As an international provider of Corporate, Trust, Fund and Fiduciary services, Sunibel Corporate Services accompanies businesses, institutions and high-net-worth individuals along a broad range of capabilities such as Investment Advisory, Finance and Accounting, Corporate Management, Fund Administration, Relocation, Wealth Structuring and Assistance in listing.
With proven experience and backed by our international network of partners and offices in Mauritius, Switzerland and Hong Kong, we are able to provide a comprehensive range of services and solutions across various jurisdictions.
Sunibel Corporate Services Ltd reserves the right to contact only best suited candidates for the interview.